I’ve been wanting to put together a New Year’s Resolution list for the past few days now. But the one thing that’s stopping me has been the fact that I’ve never kept a resolution before. I can go on as to why this is, but let’s face I’m a procrastinator & underacheiver in certain instances. I’m better under pressure for deadlines & goals.
Weight loss resolutions, artistic resolutions, organizational resolutions, etc. etc. etc. etc. No follow through whatsoever. Obviously I needed some sort of self-accountability, progress monitoring of my goals & evaluation. Good lord I’m using professional lingo here, sigh….it never stops. Anywho, so I’m gonna put out my resolution list into the interworld, that way I’ll have something not only on record, but a little accountability & self-monitoring, since I’m such a social media “whore.”
Okay, here goes:
1. Get my house in order. Meaning clear out the clutter & straighten up what’s left.
2. Maintain my house. Meaning keep it in order; Stay on top of laundry, dishes, dusting, vacuuming & mopping! And lawd help me, the yard!
3. Paint interior of house: parlor, kitchen, dining room & living room (most likely will be done in the summer).
4. Take up some sort of physical activity whether it’s dancing, yoga, jazzercise, something.
5. Try to become more optimistic. With my new position this year I’ve lost some of my optimism & positivity.
6. Exercise my creativity more. I heard about this painting class from my sister in New Orleans & they have a sister franchise in North Austin called Painting With A Twist. I’m gonna try this.
7. Become more financially responsible. Meaning I need to monitor my finances better than ever before. I used to just look at my balance when necessary, no longer.
8. Stay on top of my lesson plans, don’t wait until late Sunday night to finish them.
9. Turn off the TV more often.
10. Get out the house more, even it’s just my backyard swing.
I’ll even go as far as posting videos of my progress, to make sure I stay on top of things. Kind of a before/during/after. I’ll get on the “before” video as soon as the batteries charge up, gotta love those rechargable batteries.
For S&Gs I’d like to use some of the resolutions I found in January’s Marie Claire. Though I’m not gonna lie, they are some pretty good ones. They’re more to enhance the soul type of resolutions as opposed to those most would deem “practical.”
“1. Don’t let a week go by without telling someone that you love them. Out loud. Pets count. So does your reflection in the mirror.
2. You know those days when no one’s around and you download that song that always makes you dance, and then you kill five minutes completely rocking it in your house? Make lots of days one of those days.
3. Buy a ‘good decision’ piggy bank. Pay yourself a dollar every time you skip the third drink, go to bed early or make a difficult phone call. At the end of the year, buy a ‘good decision’ present.
4. At some point this month sit down, take out a piece of paper and write down five reasons you would want to marry yourself.”
There were more, but some I couldn’t put out in public or I didn’t feel connected to them. Okay people, I’m off to get started & make an attack plan as to how I’m going to actually do this, sigh…but since I have one day of vacay left, I’m going to enjoy it thoroughly! Til next time.